Do you have a choosy kid during meal time? Chicken fingers is way to try! I guarantee you, they will love it!
Chicken Fingers is easy to go food for snacks, lunch or dinner. One thing with this recipe is that it’s too simple and whenever I make this, it’s always not enough.
What I mean not enough? It is always eaten fast without a doubt. Whenever I make this, I try to keep my kids away from the kitchen before I call them because I know, before I served, half is already eaten.
What is really chicken fingers? You might be a little philosophic with this probably as there are fish fingers and so does chicken fingers, though both do not have fingers at all. Well, well, that’s how my kids always make fun of this two.
The chicken finger is a chicken fillet, mostly from the breast part of the chicken and that part is so easy to slice. It’s sliced as the size of the finger and long as it is can be called chicken tender too or stripes but it is easier to call it the chicken fingers.
Ingredients for Chicken Finger
- 450g chicken fillet
- 1 egg
- 1.5 dl flour
- 0.5 dl bread crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 dl water/milk
- 1 tsp black pepper
- oil to fry
- pinch of salt&pepper for chicken
- Slice the chicken into thin sliced
- Add salt and pepper
- In separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients
- Add the egg
- Combine milk or water what you prefer. I used fresh milk for this
- Mix all the ingredients except the chicken
- I take a separate small plastic and combine all including the chicken to mix it well but you can also just add the chicken to the bowl
- In a medium heat pan, add oil
- Deep fry the chicken finger until brown both sides. Approx 10 min
- Serve with a dip sauce and steamed rice
You can also add more spice in here if you prefer more stronger taste. I am careful for the spices I put because I have small children but this is very good for everyone!
For the sauce, we have both ketchup and sweet chili sauce.
Check out other recipes here too.